12.15.2011

And it all started with this...

I was gonna post about Thakoon's newest collection on Monday, but I don't like doubling up on fashion posts, because (for the most part) this isn't a fashion blog. Anyway, I'm glad I waited a bit, because since then, there have been a few more shows. And you know me, once I post my faves from one designer, I gotta post about the others as well. Somebody stop me! First things first: Thakoon. Now the Thakoon Pre-Fall collection has been making the rounds for good reason. It's so tactile, and neutral, and warm.



Thakoon Addition is a little darker in tone, a bit more accessible, but just as enjoyable.

Doo.Ri's got this smoky, plum-y, drape-y silk dress that I'm just obsessed with (lower left):

Of course J. Mendel dresses are sure to make the rounds this awards season. And for off the red carpet, a little bit of swank.

The Jason Wu show was one of the first to drop this season, and it sure was memorable.

A little Vera Wang, because I can't quite let go of the maxi dress. (And is that a yellow leather skirt I spy?)

And finally, if asked, I'd always say 3.1 Phillip Lim is my favorite designer. This season the collection gets downright comical in the best possible way, with a little bit of pop art in the lead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...