2.21.2012

Bittersweet

I've been unconsciously and slowly cutting down on coffee. One day I realized I don't drink it nearly as much as I used to, and I hadn't really planned on that happening. See, a couple years ago I gave up coffee for Lent. It turned me into a raging bitch within the first two days. I couldn't even taste my food. But after that first week, I had powered through, and the rest of that 40 day stint went pretty well. The effects of this most recent gradual descent into coffee-lessness have yielded different results. What was once a daily routine has been reduced to a one day treat. Yes, I said it. One. Day. Unheard of. But I've just been so sluggish lately, I'm beginning to think it's not worth it to cut down this much. And what's more, I've noticed that I've been replacing coffee with sugar –– specifically soda. Not a good thing. All that sugar isn't helping at all with the sluggishness, by the way. I feel like I could nap all day. So what am I getting at with all this? Now that I've pin-pointed the source of my newly-adopted sloth-like behavior, the coffee self-deprivation is over. I just want my coffee back. Have a good, coffee-filled day. (image: Instagram)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...